Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Miscellany

First and foremost, I must address a glaring vocabulary/spelling faux pas that occurred in my last post. I seriously don't know how to spell anything. But, this was more than a spelling error. I referred to a "laundry shoot". Did any of you wonder what that might be? Perhaps a large laundry-launching firearm? I hate to disappoint you if you were looking forward to firing your dirty underwear into your washing machine via rocket launcher, but I'm not aware that a "laundry shoot" exists (though, that would be fun.) When I wrote it, it didn't seem right, but I kept forgetting to look it up. Something in my small brain prompted me to search dictionary.com for shute- no, still wrong! CHUTE! That's the one! John likes to climb in the cabinet and stick his head out of the laundry chute!

So, I've made the appropriate edits, and you all, if you're reading this, are apparently willing to tolerate the unsophisticated ramblings of someone who wishes she was the Michael Phelps of grammar.

 I've written about my journey from couch potato to running enthusiast before. I feel like I could write more about that experience, it affected me greatly, but I still have trouble putting it into words. However, that didn't stop me from submitting an essay to my friend, Laura, who did a running series on her blog,  here is my post. Laura has a great fitness blog , and if you want to know about running, look no further! She's a serious runner!

 In The Power of Habit, a book I read and reviewed here, the author discusses certain habits that radiate a positive influence over other areas of your life. He has a name for such habits, though I can't remember what it is- something like "landmark habits". The idea is that some habits, when adopted, tend to overflow their sphere and cause you to make better decisions in in general. Exercise is one. When people adopt exercise habits, the author says, their eating habits, spending habits and others tend to improve as well. Making your bed is another such habit. So, I decided to adopt that one, but I'm  not sure it's going to have a chance to reach it's full effect:





 Finally here's a picture of Isla going all Godzilla on John's train track. Just before this picture was taken, he told me "Mom, there's a giant baby on my train track!"


1 comment:

Caraline said...

Hey Mrs. Leslie! It's Spring Break, so I have a lot more time on my hands. I finally pulled out your blog and have been reading some of your posts! (You crack me up!!!) Haha! Anyway, I love your blog, and your "Cutest blog on the block" theme and everything! You're so awesome, thanks for blogging!
-Caraline ♥