Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

You Know What Might Be A Good Idea...?

...is if you could make life-sized wax figures of your children. That way when you want to take their pictures, you wouldn't actually have to deal with live children. Live children and photography, in my experience, are rarely a successful combination. I need the crew of Planet Earth to come take some pictures for me. Wildlife photographers are surely used to capturing unpredictable, moving creatures.

We went to the pumpkin patch at the zoo today. I love pumpkin pictures. I've planned several pumpkin patch outings in order to maximize the chances that I'll actually get a keeper.

Today I realized that it's  going to take more than just me to get some good pictures. I need at least one extra set of hands. I had to prop Isla up in the basket of pumpkins and wrangle John into place then shoot, shoot, shoot, hoping Isla wouldn't tip over. She didn't. Whew!

There were a few cute ones and a lot of outtakes:








1 comment:

Hannah said...

If you want to make a zoo trip monday, tuesday, or wednesday next week, let me know and I'll go with you, bring my camera and take some photos while you keep your kids steady and try to get some smiles :)