Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Favorites

Caramel Apple Muffins

I don't know whether it's having a second baby (who still occasionally wakes up at night) or my new schedule that would put a rooster to shame (I'll have to write more on that later), but my ardor for making homemade baked goods from scratch has diminished. Fall is here, and it's my favorite time of year to bake, but my "to-make" list is much less ambitious than it usually is. However this week I've been busy, and I've made:

Sweet Potato Pound Cake, it would go really well with some Maple Cream like the one found here.

Caramel Apple "Muffins" (I think this would more accurately be called a cupcake.) Next time I would probably make my own caramel sauce like this one (very easy to do) rather than melt caramel candies- I think the homemade sauce would have a better flavor.

Next up:

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

And that may be all that I have energy for this year! But we'll see, it's only October.

No comments: