Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Recipes!

I recently tried a new recipe: Blackened Tilapia Baja Tacos
This was delicious. The only thing is that it should probably be accompanied by some sides to make it more filling. I just made the tacos and I thought we'd have leftovers but we ate them all. Peter ate 5. John also gobbled this up.

I also finally made the Blueberry Cheesecake that I'd been wanting to make since we picked blueberries in June. It was delicious. Though I don't quite know if it will go on my list of favorite cheesecakes to make. It didn't knock my socks off.

Finally, I would like to share a quote with you that was spoken by my dear husband this past weekend:

"I just can't get enough of these British country living shows!"

This he uttered completely of his own accord. I suppose I should preface by saying that we started watching a series on Netflix called Downton Abbey. It is part of the PBS Masterpiece Classic series. We became absorbed. It is set, as you might have guessed, at an English country estate on the eve of WWI. It is a delicious drama about the ruling class, their servants and all of the social mores that that simultaneously keep them divided and make them necessary to each other.

It was so good and well done! The last episode left us unusually cliff-hanging. So, we searched and found that there's a series two coming in the fall.

All that to say, this is one of the reasons that I love Peter! He's also partial to Jane Austen (more British country living stories). Not to detract from his manhood, I should say that he's also a fan of the Bourne trilogy. (But really, is it not a truth universally acknowledged that a man (single or otherwise) in possession of a good intellect must be partial to Jane Austen?)

3 comments:

Laura Stiller said...

I JUST finished watching Downton Abbey - IT WAS AWESOME. Danny jumped in on the last few episodes and was surprisingly hooked. I could not believe they would make such an amazing show and then not air the second season for so long!

Peter and Leslie said...

Laura, I agree! I'm not even sure we're going to get it locally. I mean, I don't know why we wouldn't, but we couldn't find it on the tv schedule. But I hope we can watch it soon because, as you know, almost every storyline in that first season leaves you hanging!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie!! I loved that show also and can't wait for it to show back up again. Just like I can't wait to see you and your family this weekend. Terry