Pages

Friday, May 06, 2011

International Eat Handfulls of Frosting Day

Did you know that today is International No Diet Day? (I interpreted that to mean that I should fill my bathtub with frosting and swim in it. Unfortunately, I didn't quite have enough frosting on hand to accomplish this...). I didn't know it either until I got an email from my favorite recipe website with a recipe to try that is definitely in keeping with the theme of the day: Buttered Rum Pound Cake with Bananas Foster Sauce. Say that three times fast.

Is there a day left on the calendar that is not an "International Day of... take your pick?" If so, I have a few ideas that might fill up the holes. Perhaps international hat day. Definitely international everyone take a nap day (babies and almost-one-year-olds included!).

Anyways, I think everyday should be no diet day. I don't diet. Instead I try to make healthy choices everyday. And, of course, indulge in food every once and a while. I love frosting and would never willingly abstain from it for the sake of diet. That would only be setting myself up for failure.

In the spirit of "no diet lifestyle," here are some healthy recipes we've tried recently and enjoyed (Peter requested more seafood so we've tried some new seafood recipes lately):

Blackened Cumin-Cayenne Tilapia

Lemon-Pepper Shrimp Scampi

And here are a some treats, the last two pancake recipes that we've tried:

Pam-Cakes with Buttered Honey Syrup

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
with Bourbon Pecan Sauce

Just don't eat honey butter everyday and you'll be fine!

No comments: