Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Strawberry Pancakes

Actually our Sunday pancakes weren't strawberry but the topping was. And it was Delicious. Did you notice the capital D there?! Delicious with a capital D! Now you know I'm serious. Here's the recipe: Strawberries Romanoff Pancakes with Brown Sugar Sour Cream Sauce.

Now, you might be thinking: "That recipe has a lot of words in it. It's probably complicated." Wrong! It's very simple. You could even make the topping the night before. I'm telling you I was eating the brown sugar sour cream by the spoonful. If brown sugar sour cream sounds weird to you, that's okay. Just give it a try and you might be licking the carton clean (not that I did that... hypothetically speaking.). The recipe for the Strawberries Romanoff with Brown Sugar Sour Cream Sauce links to another recipe for the pancakes. I liked the pancake recipe but you could also put this topping on anything. Okay, not anything. Like, probably not filet mingon. But almost any kind of pancakes, waffles, french toast, biscuits, shortcake, angel food cake, pound cake etc. You could also just eat it by itself like the strawberries romanoff that they serve at La Madeleine's.

Men of the interwebs, if there are any of you besides Peter who read this, mother's day is coming up next month. Just saying. (Peter, this does not apply to you because I already made this recipe. If you decide to go the breakfast route, you'll have to think of something else. :o) (But you know that you don't have to make me breakfast or buy me anything. All I'll ever want for any gift giving occasion from here on out is a nap.)

1 comment:

Vanessa Rogers said...

gonna have to try those!!