Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

My Baby Is Growing Up Too Fast blah, blah, blah...

I know everyone says it. Parents complaining about the years flying by and now their little baby is all grown up. It's true! It's all true! I have three updates that I was going to save for his eleven month post but I just couldn't wait.


1) Teeth. For a brief time I though he had been overcome by the Twilight phenomenon and was going to go vampire for a while. And by this I mean that the only upper tooth he had cut was his left incisor. But then, abruptly, his two front teeth emerged! And I'm kind of sad! He won't look like a baby anymore with all those teeth! And he'll probably start to test them out on things that may not always be food!

2) Words. He may know ma ma. I'm not certain. I've noticed that he seems to consistently say it around me. Unfortunately he usually says it when he's whining for me to pick him up while I'm trying to get something done on the kitchen. It's quite pitiful, him sitting on the floor whimpering mamamamama. But I'm starting to think that he associates that sound with me.


3) Steps. He took three steps last night in pursuit of a stranger's cell phone. They were bona fide, unassisted steps. They were not stumbles but slow, steady steps! That said, I don't quite think his walking career has begun in earnest. We were at the children's museum where he was cruising around when he spotted a lady's cell phone which led him to let go of what he was holding onto and toddle over to her. This came out of nowhere. I have never even seen him hint at an independent step until last night. So, I'm not convinced that he's going to take off. But he might! He's capable of it, I guess. Time will tell.

My baby is becoming a walking, talking, masticating person! What?!? I don't even know how this happened. But it's very very exciting. I often get so attached to whatever he's doing in the here and now that I forget that there's so much to look forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture!! This sounds like it qualifies as walking to me even if he didn't just walk off into the horizon. You only do that if you are 17 months old (like my Kevy was) before you ever take a step and you decide to finally get those legs to moving and you just get up and walk into another room. Too funny! (but true...)