Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Highlights from San Antonio trip- a month after the fact

Unfortunately we forgot to bring our camera to San Antonio so I don't have many pictures. Nevertheless, here are the highlights of our February San Antonio trip efficiently enumerated (in no particular order).

1. Eating a cinnamon roll approximately the size of John. Granted, this three pound cinnamon roll weighed less than John does. But I'm pretty sure that when he sleeps with his knees tucked underneath him, the pastry rivals his size. This cinnamon roll is the claim to fame of Lulu's cafe. It has gotten some press recently as it was featured on the show Man vs. Food. So we decided to give it a try. Unfortunately the only thing special about it was its size. It was not extraordinarily delicious. But, if you're like me and you like cinnamon rolls, you definitely get to eat your fill with this one.



2. Cute, cute, cute John after a trip in the car with the windows down. Don't his little wind-blown hairs look adorable!


3. I got to eat at nearly every restaurant in San Antonio. Caparelli's Pizza and Magnolia House are among our favorites. We always have a long list of places we want to eat when we visit.

4. Despite what they may tell you, I roundly beat Peter, Jacob, my brother in law, and Daniele, his wife, at Dance Central, an X box game.

Technically, Danielle got a higher score. But after the contest Peter informed me that, unbeknownst to me, they had selected a harder dance for me. I practically had to break dance and I was amazed that Danielle bested my score when all she had to do was step side to side.

Anyways, the real highlight of the evening was Jacob. Some may say that the Ness family has no rhythm. Well, they haven't seen Jacob dance. Jacob has a hip move that would make young girls swoon and grown men cry. It would even put Elvis to shame. Which shouldn't be a surprise because, as you can see from the picture below, Jacob is almost exactly like Elvis:


If Elvis were an engineer, that is.

5. John got his first taste of chocolate cake and ice cream, courtesy of his grand parents. I was told that I should not even attempt to stop my mom from feeding him sweets because when I'm not present to oversee his diet she plans to indulge all of his cravings. Fair enough, I suppose that's the right of a grand parent.

He also had is first taste of oak tree. My mom has many oaks and consequently leaves are tracked into her house by the bajillions. We were vigilant in trying to keep them from John but one got past us. The day after we returned home Peter found a fully intact leaf in his diaper. At least is was organic. I mean, it doesn't get much more organic than raw leaves, right?

6. And, last but not least, our favorite thing is always spending time with our friends and family in San Antonio. We always enjoy our time there and look forward to going back!

2 comments:

Daniele said...

I would like to clarify something you have incorrect about our dance-off. I did not have a simple "side step" dance as you put it. My dance consisted of a much, much more difficult "chugga chugga" motion. Sure, that might sound easy but several chugga chuggas IN A ROW, now that takes talent.

Peter and Leslie said...

Daniele, I'll give you that. You did have to do "chugga chuggas" for what seemed like forever! You have endurance on your side!