Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Delicious Pancakes

I have a fantasy that involves a family tradition of having pancakes every Sunday before church. As fantasies go, this one seems pretty doable. It's not like I'm dreaming of becoming a rocket scientist or being able to navigate using cardinal directions- those things in are in the realm of delusion for me.

The problem is that even when I was single, punctuality was not my strong suit. When you add a baby into the mix, there are some Sundays when I come waltzing into Sunday school 45 minutes late just happy that I made it at all.

But this past Sunday I pulled off a pancake breakfast. Actually, I only chose the recipe and made the batter. Peter actually cooked the pancakes while I ironed my pants. I'm pretty much opposed to ironing. I would have thrown the pants in the dryer with a damp towel except there was already a load in the dryer that I hadn't yet removed. So, my systems had failed me this particular morning. But I digress.

Anyways, the pancakes were delicious. Peter's mother and two of his younger siblings were in town to share them with us. We so enjoyed their company. And we made it to church on time!

Orange-chocolate chip buttermilk pancakes is what we made. Let me know if you try them!

No comments: