Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2011: A Cake Odyssey

First of all, is not odyssey one of the strangest words? Maybe it's just me, but I'm trying to determine if I spelled it correctly and I just keep staring at the letters until they become meaningless.

Oh well.

So, I decided that the only thing hindering my pancake dreams was me! I'm going to try to make it happen this year. 2011: A Cake Odyssey- pancakes, that is!

I actually meant to post this last Sunday. Better late than never?

Carrot cake pancakes were on the menu last Sunday. They were fine but not special. Peter is always flabbergasted when I insist on asking him if my dishes are special. "I know it's good but is it special?" This is partially how I evaluate whether or not I should make it again. Peter is usually not much help with this, however. His reply is usually something along the lines of "it was good but I don't want to eat it everyday." Which is a fine sentiment but not very helpful because I rarely get so excited about a meal that I plan to make it every day. But he has to throw that caveat in there because I have been known to be passionate about certain foods.

The orange-chocolate chip pancakes were better.

Tune in for next week!

1 comment:

Vanessa Rogers said...

I like your pancake idea. It's hard to get creative with cooking here. In another year or so, I might get to try some of your recipes :)