Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

John in a Duck Robe

This has been a slow blogging month! I've been busy cleaning out my closets and doing other various and sundry projects. And also taking naps. My 5:30-6 am wake up time has me feeling rather drowsy by John's second nap. So, sometimes I nap as well. (I always said one parenting rule I would never break would be "sleep when the baby sleeps"!)

You might wonder "doesn't taking a nap during the day negate the early morning wake-up?" Sort of, but not totally. I'm so much more motivated when I get up early, read my Bible and then work on my to do list. So I still feel like it's a better use of the day to get up early.

I actually started writing this post because I wanted to post a link to Sunday's message from church. It was a sermon about giving. Those are the sermons which everyone usually hates. But as our pastor pointed out, the Bible actually speaks a great deal about money and giving. And our culture is very terrible at handling money (anybody remember that little housing crisis?). So churches should probably address the issue more often. I was prepared to feel guilted into generosity by the end of the message. But the sermon was actually immensely encouraging. Our generosity should stem not so much from what we have, but from what was done for us: "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich. " 2 Corinthians 8:9

Listen if you have time! You can find it here, it's entitled "Gospel Generosity".

And now, here are pictures of Baby John in a duck robe (A duck robe! Can life get any cuter?!):

If you look closely, you can see his elusive, solitary tooth. It's like Bigfoot. He's working up another one adjacent to it. But the second one has not broken the gum yet.

All that's missing are some slippers and a pipe, no?

This is my favorite baby! I'm so happy to have him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the duck robe!! And to think his grandmother is so not into robes. I bet she will be when she gets a peak at these photos!! Terry