Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

2/3 of a year

Today John is 8 months old. He is so very busy that he almost doesn't even have time to be written about, he's just got so much to do. The world is his oyster! Here is what he has been up to:

Crawling, pulling up, babbling, sleeping 12 hours per night (Hallelujah! He dropped his last night feeding a few weeks ago), napping twice per day, eating a smorgasbord of pureed delicacies such as green beans, bananas, avocado, beets, carrots, sweet potato and, my favorite, butternut squash, along with his gruel , of course.

And wearing the cutest hat ever:


I defy you to find a cuter little boy hat! The only problem is that some people think it's a rooster. (For those of you who are all, "It's not a rooster?" No. It's a stegosaurus.) He gets oodles of comments on this hat when we're out and about.

We recently paid a visit to some friends of ours who had a brand new baby boy on December 31st. He is still in the "sugar lump" stage (technical term). He was so sweet and soft and warm, but he didn't do anything. He just sat there. (I guess I was expecting a magic show or something. ;o)

When John was in that phase I remember thinking that I didn't want him to grow out of it. I was just so enchanted with him that I didn't want him to change. And I was almost worried that I wouldn't love him as much if he did change.

That turned out to be a silly thought. I have loved each of his stages so much more! There are new challenges, of course. The sugar lump stage is particularly precious because you can hold them for hours and they will not squirm or pull your hair. But I left thinking "I'm so glad I have an 8 month old!" Because that new baby was kind of boring. Of course, his parents rightly feel that he is the diabetic-coma-inducing sugar lump to out-glucose all other sugar lumps. But it's so fun when they start doing things! Even if those things sometimes cause me to take 45 minutes to do something that others can do in 5 minutes....

No comments: