Pages

Saturday, December 04, 2010

These Arms were Made for Scooting

I think today is the day that John has started to crawl. I say "I think" because he didn't use a proper hands and knees gait, it was more like an army crawl. His arms pulled him forward on his belly while his legs dangled behind. But today he definitely put forth a coordinated effort to get half way across the room in pursuit of something he wanted. Naturally, he was going after things that I didn't want him to have- a dirty diaper and the camera. He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth. I don't know how long it will be before he adopts a more traditional, more efficient hands and knees crawl. It may take another month or two or it may be tomorrow, or maybe he never will. He might continue army crawling until he can pull up, some babies do. But two things are certain: He's got places to be and he's going to get there!

(Nearly) Naked babies are the cutest are they not? Behold:

"I'm ready for my close up."

Fat rolls within fat rolls! Succulent little butterball!

Random aside: Peter does bath time, and I'm really thankful he does. Bath time is cute and all but washing under all of those rolls is daunting for me. And then once you've gotten the soap in all those folds of skin it's nearly impossible for me to get it washed out. Thank you for doing bath time, Da Da!

Another random aside: Notice John's long, luxurious locks are returning. They are lighter than they were when he was a newborn but he is indeed becoming less bald! He likes to feel the wind blowing through his hair (which is usually me blowing on his head, which he finds quite amusing).

2 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

I love his swimsuit pose!! I can't wait to meet him!

Peter and Leslie said...

He's equally excited, I'm sure!