Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

John's Frist Christmas: Spoiling on a Budget

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and felt hope and encouragement from the true meaning of the holiday.

"You mean these are all for me?!?"


Baby John celebrated his first Christmas. I think some of the holy and glorious truths of the season escaped him. But he did get lots of presents. Unfortunately, I think the enjoyment of his gifts also escaped him because it seems that he was most enthralled with scraps of wrapping paper.

Opening presents from Grandparents Ness.
(Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Ness!)

"The bear is cute and all, but really, what can compete with this scrap of paper?"

John has been accused of being a "spoiled kid" who has lots of stuff. Much preferring fresh, crunchy children, we are actively trying to prevent the spoilage of our baby. But it's true that he does have lots of stuff, as you can see from the photos. Regarding that, I would like to say that if we are spoiling, we are doing it on a budget. I bought all of his Christmas presents at a garage sale for under $30! I do so love a bargain! And it brings me joy to buy him gifts even though I know that he would be just as satisfied with the tupperware in the kitchen cabinets.

This is not exactly a teething toy. But soon enough he'll figure it out.

I can't wait until he can begin to comprehend the reason for the season.

2 comments:

Kevin and Becky said...

Why is it that men have to grow out of the infatuation with wrapping paper stage? It sure would be helpful in buying husbands Christmas gifts.

Peter and Leslie said...

Becky,

I agree. But I think more than Peter, I wish that my mother was still in the wrapping paper stage. She is hard to buy for!