Pages

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Christmas Tree

This year we did something that we've never done before. The weekend after Thanksgiving Peter had a day off. So we initiated the Christmas season by cutting down our own tree. We drove to a Christmas tree farm near Magnolia, about an hour drive from us. Along the way we read the first chapter of the Christmas Carol. It was festive, indeed. There was even a chill in the air! (Is it just me or does cold weather help to get you in the holiday mood?)

Peter did most, actually all, of the cutting (the farm provided the saw) while John and I stood by for moral support. This place wasn't just a Christmas tree farm. They had a petting zoo, barbecue and train rides. I can't wait until John gets older and can appreciate all of this. (But in a way I can wait because I want him to always be my baby boy!)


A John-sized tree:



All trimmed:


Real Christmas trees smell so delicious!

1 comment:

Vanessa Rogers said...

cute idea!!