Pages

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Falling Back

Don't forget to turn clocks back tonight! In my opinion day light savings time (and by that I mean getting an extra hour of sleep) is one of the best ideas that mankind has ever produced. Second only to the slanket (or snuggie, if you prefer).

Scratch that. Actually, only the falling back part is a good idea. Springing forward makes me want to cry.

Mostly I feel like daylight savings is just a big hassle. But I'll endure some hassle for an extra hour of shut eye. I truly do look forward to this one magical night every year. (Perhaps this is pitiful but I am not ashamed. I love my sleep.)

So, on our vacation to San Antonio last week we took John to a pumpkin patch at a local church. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. Being fond of all things Fall, I was so eager to get John's picture in the pumpkins. It was such a lovely day. My mom and sister came with us. We all picked out pumpkins. John was in a good mood. And we got a lot of good pictures. I could not have dreamt of anything better!

There was some vexation at the outset. Someone had given us a gift certificate to Baby Gap. I had wanted to go there prior to our pumpkin patch trip so that he could be dressed in a little preppy outfit for his photo shoot. But working around the schedule of a baby who only remains happy for a limited time before requiring another nap precluded our Gap trip. So, he's wearing sweatpants with a stain on the leg. I doubt anyone will notice or care. But I had wanted it to at least appear that I had tried to gussy him up. Oh well. We had to prop him up with pumpkins because he can't yet sit by himself for long periods of time. He tips. Here are some of the pictures:

It was a challenge to prevent him from eating the hay and pumpkins

Many hilarious antics were required to induce him to look towards the camera. Things always seemed to be more exciting behind him.

John, aunt Di di and my mom (she has not yet settled on what John should call her.)


He has begun to stick his tongue out frequently. I'm beginning to wonder if he's mocking me.


I want to write more about our trip but haven't yet had the time to sit down and compose anything. Hopefully this week.

For now, live it up! The night is young! And getting younger!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John's grandmother looks great. We just need her to commit to Hoss or pick another name soon. I just do not know what to call her!!

Vanessa Rogers said...

I love the pictures. It reminds me of last year when we took pics with your mom and sister at the Alamo Heights pumpkin patch. I was just looking at them the other day actually. Good times :)

Robin and Don said...

I read your post two days late. I did not know it was daylight savings on Sunday and went to church an hour early. Not that big of a deal but I didn't bring enough oxygen and had to conserve. Not a good idea. I think I will pay more attention next year. Cute pictures though.