Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

6 month stats

I took John to his 6 month check up today. He has slowed down considerably on his impressive growth curve. He only gained 1 lb 5 oz in the last two months (whereas in his first 4 months he gained 11 lbs). Here are his stats:

Height: 28. 25 in (94%)
Weight: 20 lbs 8 oz (91%)
Head Circumference: 17.75 in (84%)

So, as you can see he's lost his largest baby in the world status. We might not be able to capitalize on these new percentiles as they don't sound nearly as impressive as 100% for both height and weight. He might have to change the title of his memoir from Baby John: Biggest Baby in the World to Baby John: Not the Biggest Baby in the World, but Still Pretty Big.

He's doing well and continues to be a healthy and happy baby. I am very thankful for him and his health. It is hard to believe that within the next 6 months (or thereabouts) he'll be walking and talking and eating grown up food and perhaps ready to take on a part-time job! The time goes quickly!

Here he is in what I call his swimsuit model pose.


3 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

Looks like he has a career picked out already!

Rachel said...

I love the swimsuit model pose! He is huge, Leslie. My kids weighed 20 pounds right around a year.

Peter and Leslie said...

Vanessa, I don't know that the swimsuit modeling will work out long term. I fear at some point that the thunder thighs will get in the way.

Rachel, Thanks for commenting! He is big. But I don't think he'll weigh much more than 20 lbs as a one year old either. I think his weight gain will plateau- or probably already has. And I'm happy about that because until he can crawl or walk I have to carry him around and he is heavy!