Pages

Saturday, October 09, 2010

A good day

Today was a wonderful day. Peter is on a light rotation this month so we have gotten used to having him around again! He has his weekends off so today we took advantage of the nice weather to go to the park.

But first we woke up and took some pictures of John:



Then we got ready to go to the park and took more pictures of John:


Then we rode the train around Hermann park while taking more pictures of John:


Do you notice a theme?

Unfortunately there were no pictures taken in the afternoon after our park trip. John missed one of his naps during the day so he was grumpy something fierce in the evening!

Also, we went to a place called Smash Burger for lunch. It was delicious. They had these sweet potato fries with olive oil, rosemary and salt. Delectable! I'm going to try to make some at home. Anyways, if you live in the area (or maybe there are Smash Burgers in other cities?) I would recommend trying it if you're in the mood for a burger place.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Y'all are so cute. So glad you are clearly enjoying your little fella to the max. Aren't babies a blast? They are soooooo precious!

Vanessa Rogers said...

I really like the picture of you with baby John. I haven't seen a family photo with the three of you yet???

Peter and Leslie said...

Yes, family pictures are a conundrum. I'm hoping to get one soon when we're in SA and there is someone else around to take pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie, Peter-
Thanks for all the great pictures and fun reading on your blog.
I think I once got fried sweet potatoes at some place on the river in SA. I thought they were great too, so I tried to make some at home. I found that you have to be really careful with the heat in your frying pan (if you're not using a deep fryer). Since sweet potatoes have a lot more sugar than other potatoes, it's easy to burn them on the outside before the interior is cooked enough. Good luck with it, let me know how it goes.. See you: Don

Peter and Leslie said...

Thanks for that info Don! I don't have a deep fryer so I was thinking more that I would roast them. I suppose they wouldn't be proper "fries" then, but I just loved the flavor combo. I'll let you know what I come up with...Looking forward to seeing you in December!