Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Favorites: Update

So, I've made all the new recipes that I intended to try this Fall. Not that I wouldn't be open to trying any other new ones this season. In fact I've got on my mind this totally ridiculous Martha cake that I might try one of these days if I'm feeling just a little too sane. Martha's projects are always good for driving one to the edge of reason. But I've got to leave time to make the recipes that I already know I love, like Sweet Potato-Pecan Cupcakes!

Out of the several I've made this year, the one that stands out is this:

Caramel-Pecan-Pumpkin Bread Puddings

It was great and I would definitely make it again. I made it in a 9x13 in pan instead of in individual ramekins. Delicious!

Last night I made this Molasses Spice Cake. I had really high hopes for it. It was good, and people seemed to like it. But I wasn't feeling very well yesterday. My stomach was upset and I didn't have much of an appetite. So that may be the reason that I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. That and the Brown Sugar Glaze seemed to be too salty.

Now, I trust that you people know that if you come across any delicious fall-ish recipes, you best be sending them to me to try! Happy baking to you all!

2 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

that martha stewart cake looks ridiculous especially because you have the baby oven. Maybe, we could make it together- if we have time- when we are home in my mom's new convection oven?

Vanessa Rogers said...

I think the sign for "daresay" is like holding a teacup to your lips with one pinky up.