Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Guess What Today Is!

Fall! It's here again. Only, unlike last year, I'm still sweating through my clothing. Last September around this time I was lamenting getting out of bed in the chilly weather. Well, it seems that I'm still lamenting getting out of bed. Though I don't have cold weather as an excuse. Turns out that getting out of bed is unpleasant no matter the clime. Though I do have a newborn (is 4 months still newborn?) so that's part of the problem. (It's not a problem that I have a newborn but the newborn contributes to the problem of me not wanting to wake up.)

If you were reading this blog last fall you might have read some of my Fall Favorites recipes. I don't know why I love baking in the fall so much more than other seasons. But I do! Here are some recipes that I plan to try this fall:

Molasses Spice Cake


Ginger Crinkles

Caramel-Pecan-Pumpkin Bread Puddings

I'll let you know how they turn out.

Bring on the apple cider and hot chocolate! And, mark my words, we're going to use our (completely unnecessary) fireplace even if it gives us heatstroke!

1 comment:

Jill said...

L, if it makes you feel any better, it's just as hot here in Louisville!!! In the mid-nineties in the afternoons! Yikes! I adore fall too, but I'm ready for "real" fall temps!!!! :) Happy baking anyway!