Pages

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

I see why people pay professionals to do their painting for them

Oh boy. We've been hard at work over here. My wonderful mother in law, Diane, came last Saturday to help us finish a few big projects around the house. Mostly painting. She has been a huge help. We still have a fair amount to do but she's not leaving until Saturday morning.

Both Peter and Diane have been incredibly long suffering whilst I realize my "Creative Vision". (A phrase I tend to say with accompanying jazz hands for effect.)

Even though we're working our tails off, this is actually a vacation for Diane. She has four young kids at home. So comparatively, the work she's doing here is like sitting on the beach sipping a margarita.

I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about painting since we bought this townhouse. I've written several posts in my head about this experience but none of them have found their way out of the confines of my brain. I'll have to post more later. I'm really excited to put pictures up when we get all finished. But for now I want to post some pictures of my cute, fat baby.

We've been doing our projects under the competent supervision of Baby John. He's a taskmaster and tolerates no tomfoolery.

He has discovered his thumb

Got some paint on the little guy.

Working hard

I'm going to gobble that child up

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where a picture of Gma with her fingers in the butter tub?