Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Two Months!

In honor of baby John's two month birthday today, I conducted an interview with him to explore his feelings on his life so far.

Mom (M): So, Baby John, what are some of your favorite things about life these past months?

Baby John (BJ): Well, mom, I have to say that my very favorite thing is the 24/7 Dairy Queen. The food is delicious and the service is tolerable... a little slow in the middle of the night. I also love having "chit chats" with mom and dad. That usually makes me smile! I enjoy parties. As you know, between postpartum baby showers and family weddings, I've been a party animal since I was knee-high to a ladybug. I like all the attention. And sometimes the background noise of conversation puts me right to sleep. I also love reading books, singing songs, being in the swing and bath time.

M: It sounds like you are a happy guy and pretty easy to please! But certainly not everything has been sunshine and rainbows. Tell me your least favorite things about these first two months?

BJ: I have to say the long hours in between the milk buffet can cause me to become quite impatient. Sometimes it feels as if I haven't eaten for days! Though I'm assured it's usually no more than a few hours. Which I have to take your word for because no one has taken it upon himself to get me a watch. Tummy time can ruin my mood. I also abhor shopping when I'm tired. Remember that Whole Foods incident? I haven't screamed bloody murder like that in quite a while!

M: Yes, I do remember the Whole Foods incident. Which is why I now have an irrational fear of grocery stores. What are some of the things that you have learned in these two months?

BJ: I have learned so much! Let's see...I've learned that night time is mostly for sleeping, with a few snacks, of course. A boy has to eat, after all! I've learned to smile and hold my head up. I've also started "talking." I don't yet believe I'm well understood because some of your comments back to me have been absolutely preposterous. But you'll learn in time, I'm sure.

M: Thank you for granting me this interview, baby John! It has been a joy to have you in our family! We love you and can't wait to see the little person you will become!

Baby J took his first trip to the beach this past weekend. Peter's family is staying in Galveston at their timeshare there. Here are some pictures:

Baby John with Grandma Ness

The ladies. I cannot beat them off with a stick.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Fantastic writing and superb pictures! Thanks, Leslie!

Rachel said...

That was such a sweet post, Leslie!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Baby John has started writing on your blog!!I can tell already that writing runs in the family. So funny and so informative. Thank you Baby John (and Mom, too) Terry