Pages

Friday, July 02, 2010

Hodge Podge

Welcome to Houston:
I usually sort of know what is going on in the world insomuch as I get the NY Times headlines in my inbox everyday and most days I listen to some news in the car or on TV. But lately I've been rather busy and not really paying attention. But I have noticed it has been raining a lot for the past 24-48 hours. Low and behold it is because there is a hurricane in the gulf (landing in Tx?)! I had no idea. I'm still not really clear where it is. I doubt it's coming directly to Houston because I think I would've noticed more panicking. I hope I'm not expected to evacuate because that's not going to happen...

Vegelicious:
This Garden Minestrone is one of my favorite summer soups. It is hearty and chocked full of veggies. And most of them are in season now. I was actually able to find everything I needed at the farmer's market last week. Even carrots and spinach which I understood were winter-time produce in Houston. But I shan't complain. Anyways, if you need something to do with the plethora of squash, zucchini, tomatoes and corn that are around, this is a good one. I like it as is but you could doctor it up any way that you fancy by adding different spices/veggies etc.


Lightweight Champion of the House:

Put 'em up!

Left hook

Actually, don't bother mounting any defenses because I'm pretty much going to conquer you with my charm.

No comments: