Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Baby John is 1 month!

Happy one month little J! John turned 1 month on Sunday June 13th. We went out for celebratory breakfast with my mom and sister. John slept through the entire thing which was quite nice for me. I got to eat all my pancakes in peace.

I've heard people say when their children are born how they are overcome with love for this brand new little person that they've just met. It wasn't exactly like that for me. On the day he was born of course I loved him but I felt so tentative. I didn't know what I was doing (still don't) and I felt like I didn't really know the baby. But each day since then I have grown more and more enchanted with him. And now I just can't get enough of him. (Though, admittedly, I do get excited when he goes down for a nap...) Every little thing he does from burping to filling his diaper to holding his head up is so exciting for me.

Sometimes I think that I don't want him to change because I love him so much right now that I want to keep him as he is. These newborn days are so precious. But I know he can't remain a little, helpless sugar lump forever. And I'm sure that as he grows each milestone will cause me to marvel anew.

(I know this is dripping with sentimentality like a bad hallmark card. Some of you probably threw up in your mouth a little. But what can I say? We're so happy!)



2 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

Has it been month already!!?? I am so glad you guys are doing so well! I miss and love you guys SOOOOO much :)

Anonymous said...

Hey- how come you guys never post any cute cat pictures anymore??? Uncle Don