Pages

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Winnie the Pooh and Me

A few weeks ago I was baby sitting for some friends of ours and we were watching an episode of Winnie the Pooh. It was so cute, it made me want to invest in some Winnie movies for my own baby. Since then I've occasionally gotten one of his songs stuck in my head:

Up, Down And Touch The Ground
When I up, down and touch the ground
It puts me in the mood,
Up, down and touch the ground
In the mood for food

I am stout, round and I have found
Speaking poundage wise
I improve my appetite
When I exercise

I am short, fat and proud of that
And so, with all my might
I up, down and up, down to
My appetite's delight

While I up, down and touch the ground
I think of things to chew, like honey
With a hefty happy appetite
I'm a hefty happy Pooh

With a hefty happy appetite
He's a hefty happy Pooh

Then it hit me one day: I am exactly like Winnie the Pooh in this song. This song is about pregnant women!

I often "up, down and touch the ground" (figuratively speaking. What I actually do is the elliptical or swim.) which puts me "in the mood for food."

Stout? Yes. Round? Check. Short, fat and proud of that? Well, yes as long as there is a good reason for me to continue being "fat."

While I up, down and touch the ground I think of things to chew? Do I ever! And sometimes I start salivating on the elliptical just thinking about what I'm going to eat for dinner. And I often eat honey (though not necessarily for dinner).

And of course, with a "hefty happy appetite" I'm a hefty happy Leslie.

But, when I get too hungry I turn into a bear that is more like the one in Legends of the Fall. The one that killed Brad Pitt. I try to avoid the murderous bear. Frequent snacks work wonders! I haven't attacked any one yet...

No comments: