Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Nesting

Just like the birds outside our windows that constantly tantalize Theodore and Penelope, we have been nesting! Only instead of gathering bits of grass and leaves to build a bed for our baby we just set up the pack and play that I got at my baby shower.

Our duplex is mostly packed, I have 1.5 weeks worth of food in the freezer and our hospital bag is packed. I don't think that my friends and family would recognize me. I have made an about face from my usual procrastinating habits. I think we're as ready as we'll ever be to have our lives completely upended.

So now all I have to do is chillax until the baby comes. And by chillax I mean my normal routine of working, exercising, housekeeping etc. But without all the extra packing and planning to do I feel like I'm on vacation! Part of me hopes the baby will give me a few more weeks to spend doing some things that I enjoy doing. I might regret even letting that thought cross my mind. But I suppose it doesn't matter what I want. The baby will come when s/he wants to come. Unless s/he waits too long and must be dragged into the world kicking and screaming via induction which I hope doesn't have to happen.


Here's me at 38 weeks. Many people continue to comment about how I'm still carrying high. But the baby has definitely dropped. And if you need proof you may speak to my bladder. I used to be able to go nearly all day without peeing which was sometimes necessary if I was really busy at work. I don't know if that is an indication of an extraordinarily hearty bladder or just that I have a high tolerance for that feeling of having to go. Regardless, I can hold it only about 1-2 hours now. It seems that it just takes a thimble of fluid before my bladder is screaming "halp meh! I can't take it!"

So, after a thorough discussion of my bladder I'll leave you with this picture of Penelope. It's blurry but I thought she was so cute perched on the top of the chair like that.

We often refer to Theodore as our favorite cat (mostly Peter says that). He just has that certain feline je ne sais quois. Penelope probably doesn't get enough credit. She's so cute, she's such a good lap cat and a really good cuddler. We got ourselves two winners!

2 comments:

While We Wait said...

Leslie,

My first thought upon seeing this latest pic was, "She's carrying high. If the wive's tale is true, they'll have a girl." How wonderful that you're so close. Praise God for a full and healthy pregnancy. So happy for you!

Rachel said...

You look wonderful! I can't wait to hear about your baby's arrival--boy, girl, name, etc. Enjoy your last days and weeks. Go out to a restaurant with a waiter for me.