Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Like a Bandit

Today some lovely friends from my church threw me a baby shower and I made out like a bandit! I received such cute things! This is one of the stars of the show that everyone oohed and ahhed over:
My friend Sarah crocheted the blanket. I love it! And I love that it's homemade. Such a nice gift. I also got an adorable nursing cover that another friend made for me. And a travel crib/bassinet and some other goodies! I had such a nice time.

I'm so thankful for the travel crib. We're inching ever closer to being "ready" for the baby to come. But we still don't have a lot of baby stuff. So recently we were discussing that we've done a lot of things around the duplex but we still don't have a place to put the baby. But now we do! The baby has his/her very own bed. Now s/he doesn't have to sleep in the cat bed.

This picture was taken at the baby shower. 36 weeks! 9 months! (I'll fully admit I'm displaying a wee bit of solipsism by putting a picture of only myself at the top of the blog. But I was getting tired of the last picture we had because it was in the snow. We don't have any "springy" pictures of the two of us.... besides, I write 99% of this blog so I should get top billing, right?) Pregnancy actually lasts between 9.5 and 10.5 months. I don't know who came up with the 9 month time line. So it could still be another six weeks but any way that you look at it, I'm in the home stretch. I still feel really great. And people are really nice to me now that I have a huge belly. They get up for me on the train and get out of my way when I'm walking. And carry things for me. This is great!

No comments: