Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Good Recipes

I've been away for a while. I've been busy "nesting." Yet despite all the preparations I've been making, I'm still not ready. My to-do list continues to grow and has taken on a life of its own.

Anyways, I've been wanting to post a few recipes. We just recently finished all of the meat we bought last October. (We bought 50 lbs. of pork and beef from a woman that I work with who has a farm.) We were really pleased with it!

I'm not familiar with many cuts of meat so a lot of them were new to me and I didn't really know how to cook them. There was a lot of experimenting. By and large everything turned out really well. Apparently it's hard to go wrong with steak. There was a lamb stew catastrophe but no need to dwell on that. (They gave us a package of lamb stew meat with our order.)

We had four rib eye steaks. I don't think I've ever eaten rib eye steak, let alone cooked one. But we made French Onion Rib Eye Steaks a few weeks ago. They were delicious. I served them with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. I think you could get the same effect with a cheaper cut of meat. The flavor was in the onions and cheese.

I'm always looking for good slow cooker recipes. I love the convenience. Last weekend I made this Seafood Gumbo and it's definitely going on my list to make again. I used frozen scallops instead of crab meat because I couldn't find any crab meat at the store.

Bon appetit!

No comments: