Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

'Tis the Season!

Look closely and you'll see an unorthodox ornament.

Like all good cat owners we participated in that time-honored tradition of putting up a Christmas tree. Have you never thought of a Christmas tree as a feline friendly tradition? Well perhaps that's because either you don't have cats or your cats have especially nonchalant temperaments.

For most cats the Christmas tree offers a mecca of entertainment. They can chew on the branches, bat the ornaments, sharpen their claws on the trunk and even climb up the tree! Even the most blase of felines can find something to do!

For example, no sooner had we set up our tree than Penelope was already perched in the branches. I ventured to hang some ornaments at the top of the tree (to perhaps give them a chance to survive the barrage of batting claws) but they were not even safe there. Their siren song was too much for her to resist and soon she had climbed to the top of the tree and was pawing away... that is until the tree toppled over.

Meanwhile Theodore, who is much less interested in expending energy, was content to sit at the bottom and chew on the branches.


Here is Peter extracting Penelope from the tree. If you look you can see that she is entangled in the light cords. Is it wrong to hope she gets shocked? (Just a little shock?)

Cute but a pain in the rear end sometimes.

So we have an ornamentless tree up in the living room. And some ornaments decoratively arranged in the china hutch were they are safe from batting paws. 'Tis the season!

Also, here I am at 20 weeks (half way!!):

I don't think this picture looks very much different from my 14 week picture. But at certain angles you can really see the bump. I'll try to take another picture where you can see the baby bump better.

I have started to feel the baby move which is super fun! I have my main ultrasound on Tuesday. We aren't finding out the sex but I will try to post some pictures.

5 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

No, there is def. a difference now. There is a visible bump! Hello John val jon claude Wallace pennycook ness!

Rachel said...

You are so tiny! And I thought toddles were hard on Christmas trees.

Way to press through on your reading!

Anonymous said...

I have caught up on all your stories and love to hear about your reflections on cats and life. I don't think I want to add a cat to our Christmas tree.
Love Mom

Vanessa Rogers said...

Leslie! I sent your Christmas present today. BUT you cannot open it until Christmas because your gifts are not wrapped. They wouldn' fit in the box if they were wrapped. Let me know when you get it! I hope you (and Peter too) like them. LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest Christmas tree picture I have ever seen. I enlarged it and there she was in all her glory. Also, I love the baby bump - such a teeny little person!! Love, Terry