Pages

Monday, December 07, 2009

Telling Everyone

We announced the news that I was pregnant to our families the weekend of October 18th. Which was also Peter's birthday weekend, incidentally.

We had one of our good friends in San Antonio deliver pink and blue frosted cupcakes to our parents. Inside the box was a poem about having a bun in the oven. It was very fun! Then we proceeded to call everyone else who didn't already know.

The cutest response was from my sister who asked me "have you had any morning sickness or stretch marks?"

I don't know why I thought this was so funny but I still smile at that question. I guess it's because stretch marks isn't really something that one should ask a pregnant woman about in our realm of cultural norms. But those two terms are probably the only two pregnancy terms that she knows. So that's what she asked about. I thought it was cute!

And the answer is, no stretch marks yet (thank goodness because I'd be in real trouble if my skin was already stretched beyond its limit at 13 weeks) and yes morning sickness is there everyday to greet me!

2 comments:

Mercy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vanessa Rogers said...

Oh Dinanna! So cute!