Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Officially Winter

Since it's officially winter, I wanted to finish posting my Fall Favorites recipes (Better late than never!). So, far the Maple Cranberry Sweet Potatoes, and the Caramel Apple Cake are the ones I've posted, I believe.

I have to add Sweet Potato Pecan Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.

These are just really delectable. I won't even make an argument that they are healthy or even healthier than an alternative desert, because that's just not true. But they are delicious! And so very fall!

Happy Winter cooking/baking! I don't really have a winter category yet. Fall is clearly a season of sweet potatoes, caramel, maple, cinnamon, pumpkin...etc. Fall tastes are more distinct to me. Any Winter suggestions?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing these recipes. I still have a ton of sweet potatoes from our garden and I was burnt out on my other recipes.

I made these cupcakes today along with the sweet potatoes with cranberries in the maple syrup sauce. The cranberry-sweet potatoes were amazing! The cupcakes were great, too, but I left off the frosting to cut back on sugar since the kids would be eating them.

Beth said...

Ooooh. I remember those when you made those cupcakes last year. They were very good. :-)

Winter is good for roasted veggies (like parsnips, turnips, carrots, potatoes) and greens. I made an awesome soup with lentils and collard greens that was so good! Citrus also reminds me of winter, especially in Houston. I really miss the grapefruit and Meyer lemons right now!

Peter and Leslie said...

Rachel, I'm glad you tried those recipes! They are two of my favorites!

Beth,
I am also missing the Meyer lemons! Good to hear from you!