Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rome wasn't bilked in a day



On Saturday night we went to a fun costume/ murder mystery party. It was one of those murder mystery games. The theme was Roman and the plot was about a poet who was preparing to release a piece of work that exposed some very unfavorable facts about several elite people in Rome. But then the poet is murdered and we had to try to determine who was the killer when we all had a motive. (Side note: the outcome reminded me of the movie Gosford Park which is a very witty, clever murder mystery. I would recommend it if you are in the mood for a good whodunit.)

It was fun! And we were all dressed up as Romans. Don, a coworker of Peter's, and Robin, his wife, hosted it. Robin (she's second from the right in the picture) is Martha Stewart's long lost daughter. She's one of those that can gather a few pine cones off the street and make a stunning fall centerpiece! I'm envious of people like this! But I suppose we each have our own strengths. I paused here while writing this to think of an example of one of my strengths. I was going to say something tongue-in-cheek like one of my strengths is being able to sleep 14 hours at a time. But I asked Peter, "what is one of my strengths?" just to see what he would say. Here are the answers I got: sexiness and I'm a nice lady. Ha! Perhaps I need to work on developing some other strengths! He later added that I'm a good cook.

Robin cooked an amazing Itialian dinner of bruchetta, pork, salad and potatoes. It was delicious!

In other news Peter now has 10 Ophthalmology interviews. There are 3 in Texas, 2 in Louisiana, 1 in Utah, 2 in Missouri, 1 in Kansas, and 1 in Arkansas. We are thrilled about this! It will be exciting to find out where God will put us next! We won't know until mid January. We are praying that he will have a few additional interviews beyond these 10. Apparently the North East programs send invitations later in the season. So maybe next month. Either way though, we are very happy. Peter has made a lot of great connections at Utah. Which doesn't necessarily mean he will get into Utah but it does mean he has several people who can put a good word in for him at other programs.

2 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

Oh so cute Leslie! I love it! Peter needs to learn the definition of strengths. Although, he was accurate. I would say that your strengths are:
creative/inventive - you are the next martha stewart :)
insightful
thoughtful
AND
fabulousness- just generally too fabulous for words

johnrgriffin said...

Congrats on 10 interviews Peter!

Rely on God bro...He provides.