Pages

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Jackpot!

Yesterday I went to Deseret Industries, it's the Utah version of Goodwill. I went in search of winter clothing. We don't have too much in the way of cool weather raiment and I didn't want to spend too much on winter clothes since this might be the only (real) winter we ever experience. So that's why I went to the thrift store. But actually, I love thrift stores so I had planned to go anyways.

Oh my gosh. You guys. I went crazy. I spent $71.00. I didn't intend to spend that much. But you won't believe how much I got for that price! Are you ready?

3 Pairs of pants, 3 jackets, 5 sweaters, 3 shirts and 2 pairs of shoes. On average I paid less than $5 per item! I'm so excited! The crowning glory of my purhace are two shirts and one blazer that were originally from Banana Republic. Now, ordinarily I don't really care about brand names (clearly, because I'm shopping at a thrift store) but it gives me so much satisfaction to know that at Banana Republic I would probably have spent a full day's pay on those items (Maybe more. That store is way over-priced.) but at the thrift store they only cost me about one 1/2 hour of my hard earned wages!

Yay! I'll post pictures when Peter gets back from his "man weekend" with the camera. I hope you can stand the wait until then. ;o)

1 comment:

Robin and Don said...

Don showed me your blog last week and I'm just now getting around to saying something. I wish I'd known you were alone this weekend! You could have hung out with us. Both of our families were in town but they wouldn't have noticed one more face! Next time let us know!!