Orzo with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
For a make-ahead meal, cook the orzo, then toss with the rest of the ingredients in a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Bake at 375º for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 (16-ounce) package orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
Cook the pasta in a Dutch oven according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium heat. Add zucchini; cook 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in parsley and next 5 ingredients (parsley through bell peppers). Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in pasta and cheeses.
- 429 (20% from fat)
- 9.3g (sat 4.3g,mono 3.3g,poly 0.9g)