Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

4 years!

Today Peter and I have been married for four years. It's gone by so fast. And I'm glad those 4 years are over! Mostly the part about being in medical school. It's nice now that we both have gainful employment! We're movin' on up.

In honor of the day, here are 4 reasons that I love Peter (though there are many more):

1) He did the dishes last night :o)

2) He puts up with a lot of ranting and raving from me and has never once called me insane. (Though he has probably thought it. It's nice that he doesn't say it out loud and instead patiently deals with my idiosyncrasies.)

3) He agreed to let me get cats and even lets them sleep on the pillow at night. And cleans out their litter box! This might seem like a silly reason. But he loves the cats because they make me happy and that's sweet.

4) He trusts God with his life and our futures. When we were in Africa and found out Peter didn't match for residency we both could have easily panicked. We had no idea what we would do and we had limited ability to contact people in the states. Peter especially could have given into disappointment and been anxious and resentful. But he was humble and chose to be patient and to strive for contentment in the midst of uncertainty. And God has blessed us abundantly through the job He provided.

Here's to many more years together! And a passel of kids and pets to come hopefully!

6 comments:

Daniele said...

Congrats on your Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 4 years already!! :)

Anna said...

As Peter's twin sister, I feel that I must add to the list of things to love about Peter. One thing I love is his incredible capacity to listen, really listen to someone when they speak.

Another thing I love about him is the fact that he never pretends to know more about a topic than he actually does. Whether it is a medical, biblical, or nature question, he will readily admit that his knowledge may be limited, but he will do his best to answer it accurately.

And one last thing I want to mention is that I love his willingness to live his life boldly. I know some of his personal choices and convictions can turn others away from him, but he stands firm to what he knows is true. He lives his life for God, Leslie, and himself. You go, Peter!! Do what YOU want to do.

Peter is a person who doesn't just want to read about it in a book, see it in a magazine, or watch it on PBS. If it interests him, he will do what he can to experience it for himself. I LOVE that! This is a guy that has been to China, the Middle East, Africa, all over the US and here I am, his virtual equal (except in the looks department---I am WAY cuter than him!) and have never needed a passport in my life.

I am so proud to be his sister. I love you, Pete. You are my favorite twin brother. And I mean that.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 4-year anniversary! How exciting!
-The Priddys

Vanessa Rogers said...

Congrats guys!! I remember the day well! I love you two soooo much! You know what I don't love though, is how far away you guys are so we don't have you to play with! Have fun on your lovely anniversary!

Terry said...

Congratulations Peter and Leslie. I am so thrilled that you are so happy in life (and that Peter is liking cats).

Peter and Leslie said...

Thank you all for your comments! They were very sweet! We miss you all!