Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

They're heeeeeeeere.


The Ness's made it! And we are so happy that they're here! Above, the four smallest are pictured. And, I've learned that children are difficult to photograph. The pictures are blurry because they are always moving.

We ate dinner and visited and there was much chaos. But everyone is full and the kitchen is clean. So, the evening was a smashing success, in my opinion.

Penelope did have to retreat under the dresser to regroup for a while. But overall the cats have handled the hullabaloo with remarkable aplomb. Based on their behavior so far I think they will be good cats to have around kids. And I think they will have a great time tonight walking around upon all of the new sleeping bodies that are strewn about on the floors and sofas. They've grown a little tired of Peter and I. As of late they don't spend too much time on our bed at night. It has been a while since I've woken up (awakened? been awakened? not sure on that one...) with my head hanging off the side of the bed only to find that Theodore has usurped my pillow. But I'm sure the cats won't be able to resist a whole new crop of sleeping people.

Now the house has quieted down and most of the inhabitants are sleeping. Except me. I'm writing this post because I'm waiting for the bathroom. The line has suddenly become very long. But that's okay with me!

3 comments:

Daniele said...

WoW! Has Heather lost her two front teeth??? I had no idea! I think now that she has started loosing teeth she can officially be classified as a "big girl"! :)

Vanessa Rogers said...

they are all getting so big!!

Peter and Leslie said...

I know, isn't Heather so cute without her two front teeth?! She is a big girl for sure!