Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Texas Cuisine

Friends, I need your assistance. Everyone at my work loves to eat. Seriously, I have never seen so much food. Nearly every day someone brings cupcakes. Recently a few of them inquired about Texas cuisine and suggested that I bring in a thoroughly Texas dish. I drew a blank. I don't really know what we eat in Texas except for Mexican food and BBQ. So, do any of you know of a good Texas recipe that I could make and take into work?? If so, please leave a comment! I would appreciate it.

3 comments:

Daniele said...

Chili. You can look up all kids of TX Chili recipes online. That's something that is different from Mexican food like enchiladas, salsa, tacos, etc...

Vanessa Rogers said...

Chili is good like Daniele said, but another easy one is queso, you could channge it up by using white queso. You could also do veggie nachos like at Betos.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's genuinely Texas but everybody loves guacamole. You could serve it as a dip or put it on the nachos or make some excellent tacos with cheese and refried beans. Don