Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Shhhh... it's a Cecret


I might have said this hundreds of times before but it is so nice to be able to get to such beautiful destinations just a half hour from our house. (I'm not bragging, we had zero control over moving here. But we are definitely happy that God provided Peter a job here!)

Sunday we drove to Alta ski resort and went on a wee hike to Cecret Lake (pronounced secret). We're hoping to make a Sunday hike a weekly tradition. It was hot in the city but in the mountains it was probably in the 60's. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy being able to have a brief respite from the heat. Though, in my opinion it's not all that hot. We haven't even had to run our A/C. But people up here are complaining about it. Actually, its peculiar because one moment someone will complain that she couldn't sleep because it was 78 degrees in her house (sorry, no sympathy from me because our apartment in Houston was seldom cooler than that). Then the next moment someone will be in awe over the lack of triple digit days that we've had lately. So, I really don't know what they think of the whether.

Cecret Lake

Many people have told us that you can see moose at Alta. We looked for one but had no luck. Maybe next time.

The wildflower season here is during the summer months. The flowers had a late start this year since it was so cold and rainy in the spring/ early summer. Hopefully we'll go back when they are peaking and take more pictures. But they were already looking very lovely.


I think that the Utah Tourism Bureau should pretty much put me on their payroll. Because if I am not making you people want to move here, or at least come visit, then nothing will!

On our way out a storm was rolling in but it was accompanied by this gorgeous, bright rainbow.

2 comments:

Jim and Jill said...

Y'all must have some kind of a high-falootin' camera to get a shot of a rainbow like that. Fabulous!!! :) Wish we could go on a hike with ya!

Vanessa Rogers said...

oh my goodness, I can't wait to visit!