Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Here but not Present

We're back! Back from Yellowstone, and (almost) back to normal after we spent all of last week living in close quarters with 8 other people. So, we're back but we're definitely not all here. I think my mind is still somewhere out near the Yellowstone Lake taking a nap.

We had a lovely, splendid, wonderful time with the Ness's in SLC and in Yellowstone. But I'm so tired. Our adventures really took it out of me. I feel like I need about a week to recover.

We rolled into SLC last night around 11 pm and I had to get up this morning at 5 am to go to work. We did not intend to get in so late. We managed to stretch out what should have been a 6-7 hour drive into an 11 hour drive. Yes, an 11 hour drive.

The Ness's. God bless 'em. I love them all, every one. But many of them (the smaller ones) have bladders the size of my pinky finger. And none of them were able to pee on the same schedule. We would stop for one to go to the bathroom and 10 minutes later we would stop so another one could go to the bathroom. Next time we're using catheters.

The older ones have their own brand of quirkiness. We would stop for gas and then 10 minutes later they would decide that they needed to switch drivers. "You did not forsee that 10 minutes ago?!?!"

But, in all fairness, the majority of our delay was not from their stops. Our exit from the park was obstructed by bison which slowed us down quite a bit (but it was really cool to see the bison and the baby calves up close). Then we ran into road construction on the way into and out of Jackson Hole.

And today it was Craaaaaaaaaaazy at work. So, in short, I'm going to bed early tonight. But I will put up pictures soon!

I hope you all had a great Pioneer Weekend!

1 comment:

Vanessa Rogers said...

I am glad that you had a fun time but I am sure you are exhausted!