Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner!

The Ness Family- 8 of them! I've never had this much food in my refrigerator! I'm so excited to see them. I feel like a child during the days before Christmas.

Friday July 23th is Pioneer Day in Utah. I only have a vague idea of what Pioneer day is, but I love it already. I love it because we get a three-day weekend! Two three-day weekends in July is fine by me. So, Peter's parents, his four younger brothers and sisters, his twin sister Anna and her daughter will all be coming to visit us this week. They are scheduled to arrive at dinner time on Monday. They will be gallivanting around SLC during the day while Peter and I work for the man. But on Thursday we are all heading to Yellowstone, in honor of pioneers. I love pioneers!

I've only been to Yellowstone one time and it was about 10 years ago. I have wanted to go back ever since because it was so incredible. One of my favorite memories is that it snowed while we were there. It was June. Being from Texas, I don't think I had ever seen snow falling up until that point. And there it was snowing in the summer time! It was no less than magical.

I will be sure to post plenty of pictures of our exploits when we get back. But I'm also posting a few things this week that I cooked up over the weekend.

I hope you all have a happy Pioneer Day!

No comments: