Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stop to Smell the Roses



Hello everyone! And by everyone, I really mean no one. Because I haven't really told anyone about the blog because I haven't been keeping up with it. And I haven't been keeping up with it because I know that no one really knows about it. It's a conundrum. BUT, I am determined to turn over a new leaf, technologically speaking. I am going to post every day this week starting tomorrow! (I can assure you of this because I'm going to write all the posts tonight!) So you all (or at least my mom, I hope) will get to learn a little of our lives in Utah. Here are the topics I plan to cover:

Our national park extravaganza!
Welcome to the Peter and Leslie Inn
What Peter will do if the MD gig doesn't work out
To cat or not to cat: or how much urine on the futon can we actually put up with?
Terror on the Mountain: A hike gone horribly, freezingly wrong!

And now, to whet your appetite for all of the Salt Lake dwelling info coming your way this week. I wanted to share with you one thing that Peter and I have found delightful about Salt Lake City. When we arrived back in SLC after Peter's graduation we found that there had been a "rose explosion". We don't have a garden but fortunately for us our neighbors have a yard full of spectacular roses.

So one afternoon after work I went lurking around some of our neighbor's yards taking some pictures. I found it necessary to lurk because I didn't know what people would think if they should look out their windows to see the new girl on the block traipsing around their front yards wielding a camera. I didn't want to be mistaken for paparazzi, or, you know, a spy. (Although, now that I think about it, the lurking might actually have aroused more suspicion than not. Oh well.) Here are some of the pictures:



2 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

I read your blog so I am excited!!

Beth said...

The roses look so pretty! Thanks for sending the link to your blog; I'm glad to be able to keep up with you guys.