Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Help us name our cat! Pretty please?!

Readers, I need your help. Today we adopted another cat from the humane society. You might think we're crazy to continue on with all of this feline rediculousness. But I want two cats. I think it's better for them to have company (and many people have recommended this). Plus I like cats. So we're trying again. Hopefully our new one will practice appropriate litter box ettiquette.

Right now, they're busy staring each other down and telling each other off in cat language. From the computer I can hear guttural growling coming from the kitchen. If I heard these noises while hiking in some forest, I would think that I was soon to be attacked by a rabid mountain lion. However, I anticipate by the end of the week they will be living peaceably together.

So, here's where I need your help. We need a name for our new cat. I suggested Priscilla which Peter summarily nixed. Although, I maintain that the cat still might end up with the name Priscilla. But we thought it would be fun to get some input from you all. I don't know how many people look at this blog every day but I know there are a few of you. If you stop by, leave a suggestion! I cannot guarantee that we'll use one of the suggestions (because I'm kind of particular. I've been waiting to have a pet to name for about 8 years) but if we do choose your name, I'll send you a prize! Just for fun! And if we don't choose one of the suggestions I'll select a winner at random and send a prize to that person!

Here she is. The pictures are not the greatest. She's very petite and dainty. She's has very pretty markings and a delicate little meow. She's sweet and cuddly (At least she was when we visited her at the shelter. Right now she's occupied giving Theodore death growls) .

Just so you know, I like extravagant names. Something like Anne or Jane will not do. :o)

10 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

Here is a list of some older names, since I know how much you love those:

Eliza, Olivia, Belle, Vianna (my g-granmas name), Bronte, Rosemary,Loretta, Matilda

Vanessa Rogers said...

ohh ohh, I just thought of another, annabella.

Beth said...

I'm sorry you had to get rid of Bluebonnet! Your new one is just as adorable, though. Hopefully she and Theodore will warm up to each other quickly!

I've always thought Ophelia would be a good name for a cat. If you wanted another flower name, Wisteria, Daffodil, Petunia, Poppy, or Daisy would be cute.

Daniele said...

Chloe. You can send my prize to my home address. :)

Daniele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

Justin suggested Esmeralda. I prefer Magdelena.

Erin said...

I say Eleanor, to match Theodore...

Erin said...

I say Eleanor, to match Theodore...

Anna said...

What about Ceceilia? That's dainty, right?

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.